Around the Watershed
Solano County Teachers:
Click here to visit the SWEP page and discover great resources !
FREE Water Education Resources for Teachers!
Project WET is an international, award-winning water resource education program for teachers. Solano County SWEP hosts two Project WET workshops for Solano County teachers each year. Learn more by clicking hereto download our Project WET flyer, or by emailing Workshop Coordinator Wendy Low at
Volunteer Opportunities with Solano RCD
Solano RCD has three great opportunities to make a difference coming up. Help the RCD restore local open space with native wildflowers, sedges and rushes at the following volunteer events:
- Sunday, January 28, 12:30-3:30 at Centennial Park in Vacaville
- Saturday, February 3, 12:30-3:30 at Pond C in Dixon
- Saturday, February 10, 9:30-12:30 at Pond C in Dixon
Find out more on our Volunteer page, here
Seasonal Job Opportunities at Solano RCD
Learn about about some great opportunities to join our team by clicking on the following links:
- Seasonal Educators for our award winning environmental education program to provide classroom and/or field trip instruction for the Suisun Marsh Watershed Program, the School Water Education Program (SWEP), the High School Biomonitoring Program and/or the Watershed Explorers Program. Download the job announcement here for more information and application instructions.
- Seasonal Restoration Technicians to help implement and maintain habitat restoration projects across Solano County. Download the job announcement here for more information and application instructions.
- Seasonal Restoration Internships will run January to June and consist of two full eight hour work days each week. Interns will help implement and maintain habitat restoration projects across Solano County. Download the job announcement here for more information and application instructions.
Solano RCD Education Program in the News
The 10th annual Suisun Marsh Watershed Program class completed the program in December. Read the excellent article Richard Bammer of the Vacaville Reporter wrote about this year's adventures here.
Protect Our Coast & Oceans
The “Protect Our Coast & Oceans” fund helps communities throughout California prepare for the future. Build coastal knowledge and resiliency by supporting marine science, habitat restoration, pollution awareness and prevention, and hands-on learning with experts right at the beach or lagoon. Learn more: CheckTheCoast.org
Solano RCD Restoration Program Video
Check out this video to learn about Solano RCD's restoration program- meet our staff and learn about the work we do.