Solano Resource Conservation District
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
DATE: April 19, 2017
TIME: 6:00 pm
PLACE: Conference Room
(NW corner of building)
1170 N. Lincoln St.
Dixon CA 95620
State law, known as the “Brown Act”, prohibits District action on any item that is not on the agenda.
Non-agenda issues raised by members, the public, or the Board, may, at the discretion of the Board, be scheduled for consideration at a future meeting.
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. ESTABLISH A QUORUM
3. INTRODUCTION OF GUEST(S)
4. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
5. PUBLIC COMMENT
Limited to 5 minutes for any one item not scheduled on the Agenda
6. CONSENT ITEMS Director’s Prep - 10 minutes
The Board considers all Consent Calendar items to be routine and will adopt them as one motion. There will be no discussion on these items before the Board votes on the motion, unless Board members, staff or the public request specific items be discussed and/or removed from the Consent Calendar.
A. Minutes: Approval of the minutes of the Board meeting of January 18, 2017 (Included in mailed Board packet) Action Item
B. Financials: Review Financials and Budget to date (To be distributed at meeting) Action Item
C. Monthly Expenditures: Review and approve payment of monthly bills (To be distributed at meeting) Action Item
7. REPORTS – 30 minutes
A. President’s Report
B. Committee Reports
1) Flood Control Advisory Committee
C. Meeting Reports
D. NRCS Report
E. DRCD Project Manager Kelly Huff will report on the Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program (Materials are included in the mailed Board packet)
F. Executive Director?s Report (Included in mailed Board packet)
8. OLD BUSINESS – 40 minutes
- Update and discussion about the SGMA and formation of the GSA for the Solano sub-basin (Materials will be distributed at the Board Meeting)
- Update on the Accreditation program and tier system discussion and planning
- Public Records Request Policy #3020 review and discussion (Materials are included in the mailed Board packet) Action item, 2nd reading
- Investment of District Funds Policy #3060 review and discussion (Materials are included in the mailed Board packet) Action item, 2nd reading
- Review and discussion on the CNPS letter of support for legislation pertaining to use of plant materials on restoration projects (Materials are included in the mailed Board packet) - Action item
9. NEW BUSINESS – 50 minutes
E. Reimbursement to Dixon RCD for legal counsel pertaining to GSA formation - Action item
F. LAFCO discussion about the creation of a new Solano County Regional Parks and Open Space District and SRCD position on Senate Bill (SB) 365 (Materials will be included in the mailed Board packet) Action item
G. CARCD conference location announcement and Board and staff participation in the conference
H. NRCD Vehicle Agreement Amendment discussion (Materials will be distributed at the Board meeting) Action item
11. COMMENTS FROM THE BOARD
12. TIME AND PLACE OF NEXT MEETINGS
Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 6 p.m.
Solano Resource Conservation District Conference Room
1170 N. Lincoln St.
Dixon CA 95620
13. APPROVAL FOR ADJOURNMENT
If you are unable to attend, please contact the SRCD Office at (707) 678-1655, Ext. 101 or 119
To facilitate more efficient use of time at the Board Meetings, preparation information has been mailed to the Solano RCD Directors. This pre-information is marked as “Director’s Prep” information. Directors please review and bring the materials to the meeting. The Solano Resource Conservation District prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital or family status. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)